Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Family: This explains it all.....well, ok some of it!

For those that know me you may have realized by now that I can be a bit sarcastic. One friend had for my description on his homepage that my "sarcasm knows no end".... which is true. Some have wondered where this might come from, enter in my mother and father. Now dad has always been, as my friend Sharon J says, a TWM (tricky white man). There are stories about my father which I will share at another time, but this mornings post will reveal mom's playful side. I've been using this great little quote from the comic strip Zits that was published on Oct 6th. I liked it so much I added it to my out-going signature on my emails. The quote simply states:

"I'm trying to think of a word that's no-er than no."


So the story begins like this.....
I awoke this morning, sat down to a nice peaceful breakfast, sipped on a great cup of Costa Rican Coffee and was reading my daily regimen of web pages. I decided to check some email and saw that my mother had replied to an email that really needed no response. Opening the email thinking to myself what could she possibly have to add to this topic. I've taken the liberty to cut and paste her email below for your reading pleasure (I mean I looked and found no copyright symbol or wording so I think I'm legal).

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Gwendolyn Coe wrote:

>
> Words that are no-er than no:

>

> Possibly (in Chinese this means Absolutely Not)
>

> and

>

> No-est

>

> Looks like it might be a slow day---I'll be thinking of some more.

> Love,

> Mom


Isn't she precious! Always trying to help out her little man. Needless to say I was shaking my head smiling from ear to ear. Chalk one up for mother.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Gwenny.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home