Friday, October 14, 2005

Day 7 without a car in LA

If you've been following "The Life of Coe", which I'm sure has you on the edge of your seat, you know that today is the 7th day after the death of my beloved Mercury Topaz. The Brown Taxi, as some friends called her, might actually be recovering. See folks my theory is that the Topaz just came down with a little cold and needed some time off. I've given her a nice seven day rest and I'm pretty sure she has let loose of all fluids she is going to... gosh I hope so my garage floor is a toxic waste dump (but the colors are pretty... ah pretty colors... reminds me of fall back in Missouri). Focus man, ok, so I've been cycling back and forth to work. While this picture (from a triathlon) is not exactly how I look on my morning commute it does capture the facial expression of me approaching a stoplight that has just turned yellow. Fun Fact, cars accelerate faster than my legs can pedal. In a car the yellow light means step on it, on a bike it means pedal like hell. Currently my record remains tied at zero for intersection collisions on the bike or in the car.. though that lady this morning tried her best, better luck next time Soccer mom-talking on your cell phone-not looking out for cyclist-SUV driving commie. Ok maybe I went to far with the commie thing I understand they have pretty strict requirements for joining. Happy Friday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

jag? benz? little bmw? graphite?

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home