Saturday, December 31, 2005

Resolutions

Oh yes my little internet audience it is that time of year....resolution time. So while drinking my coffee this morning I started thinking about the New Year and what it brings. I decided that today I will spend some time outlining goals. I have not really looked into my five or ten year plans...in well a long time. This might be why I am always two years away from finishing the PhD. I do not know if I read it or thought it up on my own but it has been said, or a least thought of by me, that every day your goals move one step away from you. If you do not do something everyday towards those goals you might look up one morning and your goal may be a speck in the distance, or worse you can not see it at all. This could lead to not even being able to remember what it was to begin with, how sad. It is a simple concept really. Things that we do not actively persue we can never truly attain. Sure somethings fall into our laps from time to time but these are the exceptions not the rule. So my question today to myself and to you my readers is this. What are your goals for 2006? And even more important how will you seek them, because once the clock strikes 12:00 my friends your goals will be on the move. Lift your glass tonight and resolve to being the pursuit... I have.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

You're just writing to your blog again so you can avoid working on your Ph.D. aren't you?

9:52 AM  
Blogger coeman said...

Actually I finally woke up before 10:30am so I figured I'd kill some time blogging. Plus the world needs my wisdom, like a non-swimmer needs concrete floaties. Plus really this time I mean IT, I'm only two years away from finishing the PhD. Seriously , stop laughing, I mean it. Damn you people, I get no respect I tell ya!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home