Sunday, November 06, 2005

Work: Google here I come

So I flew to San Jose today to visit with great friends Aaron and Jayita. Aaron is a long time buddy from USC who now works at Google. He married this sweetheart of a lady Jayita, who will be appearing later in the blog. Aaron picked me up from the airport and took me over to Google's campus for lunch. Wow all I can say is that Google does not suck. This place was made for people like me. Whiteboards everywhere, in the halls, in the offices and even in the lobby. They have sand volleyball courts in the middle of campus and even have...get this... an endless pool for swimming laps. They serve three meals a day all free of charge and have wireless access throughout the campus. The employees are young, fresh and spirited. To top it off there is an endless supply if coffee and my new favorite energy drink RockStar. This trip provides the most incentive I've had for finishing my PhD.






2 Comments:

Blogger Abi' K. said...

e...rockstar is my favorite when i am in need of some sort of crap to fill my bladder with and keep me awake! i love it as well. glad you had some good time with your friends. we are headed out the door to illinois to go see bec and the boys! can't wait. peace friend.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No coke or pepsi machines in the Warehouse (coffeeshop/hang out spot on campus) they have Rockstar machines. Too cheap to buy a drink for $2.50, I've never tasted it.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home