Saturday, February 11, 2006

Comics: Dead links and the $$ that motivates

Here's an idea let's provide content for free but only for a limited time. The motivation behind my current rant is that a link to a Calvin and Hobbes strip posted below is no longer available for free. If I sign up to be a "Member of My Comics Page" then I can access the strip. Well a lot of good that does me adding it to my blog. I'm wondering if this means I should do a websuck of all content needed to make my blog a pleasant reading experience...or if it means I should not be linking to other sites. I figured driving traffic to other places would be a "good" even maybe "noble" thing. But with disk space being so, well you know, "expensive" and bandwidth also being, you know , "expensive" I guess I'll just use my 2 Terabytes of diskspace from my home and my 750kbps upstream bandwidth to host my own blog data. My bank also uses this practice when I want to access my records of checks written. For some reason three-six months seemed like a good number to them for how far I should be able to search online. I mean really what tax year are you people using... don't even get me started on taxes... off to get another cup of .....maybe that will calm me down.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

cup of what????

5:36 PM  
Blogger coeman said...

Crown...neat. Better living through chemistry.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Abi' K. said...

coe...i am still waiting for you to have a cup of me!!! don't you get it after all of these years!!!:)

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home